concave adj : curving inward [ant: convex]
- A concave surface or curve.
- An element of a curved grid used to separate desirable material from tailings or chaff in mining and harvesting.
- An indentation running along the base of a surfboard, intended to increase lift.
- An indented area on the top of a skateboard, providing a position for foot placement and increasing board strength.
- Feminine plural form of concavo
The word concave means curving in or hollowed inward. The term is most commonly used to refer to:
In addition, the term concave upwards is used for convex functions, and concave downwards for concave functions.
- Convex — the opposite of concave.
concave in Czech: Konkávní
concave in German: Konkav
concave in French: Concavité
concave in Norwegian: Konkavitet
concave in Finnish: Konkaavisuus
arched, arciform, arclike, arcual, bandy, boat-shaped, boatlike, bowed, bowl-shaped, bowlike, bowllike, cavelike, cavernous, concaved, convex, craterlike, cup-shaped, cupped, cymbiform, dish-shaped, dished, dishing, dishlike, embowed, funnel-breasted, funnel-chested, funnel-shaped, gibbose, gibbous, hollow, hollowed, humpbacked, humped, humpy, hunched, hunchy, incurved, incurving, incurvous, infundibular, infundibuliform, navicular, naviform, oxbow, retiring, retreating, saucer-shaped, scaphoid, scyphate, spoonlike, sunk, sunken, vaulted